Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Stop the R-word campaign


Wow, I look really shiny in this picture, but whatever. This is what i wore today. I got the jacket at Forever21 a while ago.






I just wanted to show the detail on my shirt. The shirt is from Lulumari.

Anyway, there was this rally at school today. It was to raise sensitivity and stop the use of "retard" in all forms of speech. I was impressed at how well the rally was done. They somehow made our crappy sound system work well. You can actually see all of the rally online:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

It was really inspiring. I didn't know that that word was so offensive because it's so commonly used. I encourage everyone to stop using that word so lightly. It's insulting. Please take the time to learn more:



It says: "SPREAD THE WORD TO END THE WORD".
Edward Barbanell, who plays Billy, Johnny Knoxvilles' roommate, in "The Ringer", came to talk to us. He read us a rap. He's hilarious and cute. Watch part 2 if you want to hear what he said. The RInger is a camedy about a man who fixes the Special Olympics and pretends to be intellectually disabled. Form the clips I've seen, it's hilarious. If I ever see the movie, I'll be sure to do a thorough review.
http://www.foxsearchlight.com/theringer/

Swimming champion Andy Miyares also talked to us. You can see him in Part 3.

You can register to volunteer if you are in Miami Dade at:

You can join the Fan Community for the Special Olympics at:

I know, I know, I'm probably smothering all of you with all my goody-goodness. I'll stop. I just hope I got the point across. I said I would write a movie review on Monday, but I'll have to do it later. I have homework to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment