Thursday, March 26, 2009

Compensation?

I have, in my lack of posting the past days, compiled a bunch of content. So to the nonexistant readers of my blog, this is compensation for neglecting you. I have a bunch of new bands to show you.

Also, I think I want to move my postings from pretty much exclusively about music to a variety of topics. Fashion, design, music, books, movies. I'll be bombarding you for the next few days.

I've been busy lately, but things will lighten up very soon. Spring break is coming up and I have a three day weekend this week. Also, my school musical finished, so that's a whole chunk of time right there I can use. I didn't act, I played in the pit orchestra which is kind of grueling and awarding in its own very special ways. I play the cello. Am I not the coolest? ugh.

So, I'll be posting up some stuff tomorrow. Or today? It's 12 already? Time flies when one's not in school. Seriously.

I feel cheated when I'm in school. I love the fact that I can recieve public education, but I feel like I'm not getting as good of an education as I could. I'm pretty sure this is going on in other places as well, but here in Miami we're having serious funding shortages due to very bad decisions made up top.

The budget cuts are so bad that our teachers were forced to give out extra credit for buying paper for them. The budget cuts are so bad that our district seriously considered four day school weeks and longer school days to save gas for the buses. It would also reduce afterschool activities and thus save more money. The budget cuts are so bad that we have to end the school year early because we don't have enough money to kepp our schools running. It's like a bad yo momma joke that never runs out.

It's not just that though. The system through which teachers are rewarded is faulty. Teachers are given raises based on how long they teach. Which is ridiculous. They should be given raises based on how good they are. I also think that the standard for teachers should be raised. teaching is not a job that people should just fall back on. Education is a fundamental pillar to our democratic society. Our futures depend on these people. They should be given more than their current meager salaries and the noose should be tightened on slacking teachers.

With all this crap going on in school, I don't think it's worth giving up my basic needs everyday to attend school. I lose sleep over school. I can't go to the bathroom when I need to. One can't possibly call a cafeteria lunch nutritious. Okay, so I'm being dramatic. But you get the point, I hope. With all this crap going on, a rebellious, hormone-driven, irrational teenager is just prone to skip class and not put as much effort into school. So everyone loses in this situation. Everyone except those monkeys up on top.

Sorry. I kind of ran off on a tangent and ranted.
You know what? I take it back. Ranting is what blogs were made for.

I gots ta go. I have a big day ahead of me. I'm getting my license tomorrow. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment