Saturday, April 4, 2009

Rocket Science



This movie is the movie I've been saying I will write a review about for a whole week now.

 "Rocket Science" is a quirky and unpredictable coming-of-age story about a boy with disfluency. (He stutters.) Hall Hefner, played by Reece Daniel Thomspon, the boy who stutters, joins the debate team to be with Ginny(Anna Kendrick), the competitive star of the debate team. who he has a crush on. Each twist and turn of the movie is unpredictable and the comedy along the way is subtle and hilarious at the same time.

It is beautifully written and directed by Jeffrey Blitz, the same person responsible for the fascinating documentary about the spelling bee, "Spellbound". He also wrote for "The Office".

I don't think the movie should be rated R. The reason it's R is because Hal gets drunk at one point and there are references to sex at times.




They picked all the right songs and played them in all the right times. The Violent Femmes and their angsty sound went perfectly with everything Hal Hefner was going through. Eef Barzelay's "I Love the Unknown" is just as profound as the movie.



You can purchase the DVD here:


The DVD is expensive, I know. I would post the movie up here if I could, but I don't want to break any rules. Plus, it takes forever to upload it. I wish i could guys. I mean, no one really reads my blog anyways, so who would care? I bet I would have taken it off soon anyway.

This situation is frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment